Excellent voice and piano teachers should:
1. Provide a clean, orderly and comfortable studio space.
2. Teach technique and scales along with song repertoire.
3. Be kind, fair, understanding and calm and able to focus during the lesson.
4. Be willing to provide a sample lesson, if requested.
5. Provide constructive and concise feedback.
6. Be able to demonstrate with instrument and show the student how to fix a mistake.
7. Challenge the student.
8. Communicate well with student and parent.
9. Be willing to provide references.
10. Provide students with performance opportunities.
11. Clearly state their policies in writing.